Step 3: Create Course Title and Description
If you don’t like the video or need more instructions, then continue reading. Otherwise, you can jump to Step 4.
From here, you will start creating your course basic information used for your Online Course. The following options are as follows:
- Before You Begin: Quick notes and links to prepare you during your course creation process.
- Course Title: The title of your course (name of your Online Course)
- Course Category: The category of your course. Users will be able to filter courses via Categories.
- Skill Level: What’s the difficulty of your Online Course? Users will be able to filter courses via Skill Level.
- Course Image: Upload a rectangular image, with the width larger than the height.
- If the height is larger than the width (like a mobile phone), the image will automatically transform to an image with a longer width — which may produce non-desirable results.
- If no image is uploaded, our Dubata logo will be the default photo.
- Course Subtitle: A 1-2 sentence description that appears under the main course title, as well as the description that will appear when your course is shared via social media.
- Full course Description: The main description that appears in your course homepage. Includes text, pics, and/or sample video that people will see before joining your Online Course.
- Create Course+: Creates the course as a file. Also allows you to move onto the other setting tabs in the course creation screen (Settings, Forum, Curriculum, Pricing, Publish).